Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Panelling

The bathroom in the cottage had bead-board panelled walls when we bought it. That was pretty much the only thing the bathroom had going for it. We were able to re-use some of the panels in the redefined bathroom. We opted for panelling rather than dry wall because it's a bit more forgiving if the cottage shifts a bit over the seasons. Some cutting was needed to get the boards into the correct configuration.

This is me with a jig saw (don't worry, no toes were harmed in the cutting of this board.) I'm not sure why I don't have the safety glasses on though. Tsk tsk.

Ah. That's why. Someone else was wearing them at the time. As the captain was cutting this board, I turned to my mum and said, "How long until he cuts the picnic table?" And we both laughed.

Here's the end result of my handiwork. Lurvly light-switch holes.

I had to break open a tube of Nicole's secret weapon on the panels. If you run the saw down one of the beads in the panel, the top layer of panel material tends to flake off and has to be glued back into place. This was the only glue I had on hand.

Right about the time I was taking this photo the captain came in and announced that he had just cut the picnic table. *facepalm*

No comments:

Post a Comment