Wednesday, September 29, 2010

One good boat between us

It seems that we're fated to never have more than one good boat between us.

Mom and Handy Dad joined us for the day on Sunday recently, when Dad's boat started to misbehave. The engine cut out once on their way over, and although they made it to the cottage, he struggled to get the motor started again.

It cut out again on the return trip, and eventually, just as they were entering the marina inlet, it cut out and refused to start again.
This is how close they were to shore when it cacked. I actually took this photo standing beside the truck. Again, I'm nothing if not helpful. When you trip and fall, I'll point at you and laugh. Then I'll take your picture. Then I'll help you up. Then I'll write about it on the web. With photos. I'm good that way.

The captain puttered over in That Damned Boat ™ and towed the pontoon over to the dock. It was a tricky feat of navigation because normally dad has to turn the boat 180 degrees from the direction he was travelling to park his boat in his slip (it's around the back side of a long dock).

When you have no motor and have to drag the boat down the dock by ropes... it's tricky, to say the least.

Currently the boat is at Harris Boat Works in Gores Landing. Hopefully it'll be a small thing for him to get it back up and running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment