Friday, September 3, 2010

Night vision

This is what the lake looks like from the hill behind our cottage at about 10 o'clock at night.


I love this photo! I really do.
I think because up until now, my attempts at taking pictures at night have yielded this, because I've been trying to take pictures with my PhD camera (push here, dummy). Now with my very awesome DSLR, I can park it in the yard on a tripod and leave the shutter open for 30 seconds to get pictures like this.

You can see peaky in the foreground lit up by the neighbour's camp fire and the lights from inside their cottage. Bottom right is the red of our own campfire. Past the lake along the horizon you can see distant cottage lights and the glow from Peterboro, and at the top is a gorgeous shot of the big dipper.

This is a good time of year for me to try things like this, because I'm not getting chomped on by mosquitos. I truly am bug chocolate. You definitely want to take me on your next outing, because the bugs are guaranteed to leave you alone!

This last photo is what happens when a lunatic red-headed child leaps in front of your long exposure with a green glow stick.

Lunatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment