Friday, September 10, 2010

Vexation

Do you know what I really hate about all the cottage renovations?

Yes, I hate that I miss out on all the "outside the cottage" fun.

And yes, I hate that everytime we start a project, we uncover three more projects that need to be fixed first.

But most of all, I hate this.

Hammering is good fun. It's very cathartic when you've had a turdy week at work. But hammering Sucks Rocks™ when you repeatedly bash your thumb!

ARG!

I whacked my stupid thumb with the stupid hammer so many times last weekend I lost my mind and beat on the 2x4's of the shower stall with all my might, pounding the boards with the hammer out of sheer frustration and pain.

It is nearly impossible to start fiddly little 1.25-in.panelling nails in low, right-hand corners when you're a left-handed hammer wielder.

I said some colourful things, including, but not limited to "Ow!"


No shower stalls were harmed in the making of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment