Sunday, September 26, 2010

Girlie weekend

I invited some of the best girls in the world up for a relaxing weekend at the cottage, away from the demands of their kids. Unfortunately, only three could come, and they could only stay for a portion of the day instead of the whole weekend. )-: Drat.

In spite of the truncated nature of the weekend, we had a lovely relaxing time.

After a bit of a delayed start (battery post to follow later this week) to the day, they arrived at the dock in the new-improved much-speedier Damned boat. They had brought their scrapbooking laptops with them, but we never seemed to get around to the actual scrapping part of the day.

We sat on the dock and chatted. And we drank slushy drinks. And we got slushy drinks up our noses.
We sat on the porch and chatted. We ate. We ate banana monkey bars, and buttertarts, and pie, and home-made quacamole and blue corn chips. Burf.

I have difficulty sitting on my butt doing ... little... at the cottage, so while they sat and chitty chatted I worked on a little sawdust inducing project of my own.  At some point during the day I lost my cell phone. I still haven't found it. I suspect it's gone to the briny deep. Dangit.

We had a big dinner of the Captain's bbq'd ribs and garlic roasted potatoes (nom nom!) before we loaded up the girls to head back to the landing. Pity it had to be so short!

No comments:

Post a Comment