Wednesday, June 30, 2010

OhMyGoshILoveIt!

Have I told you lately how awesome I am? Because, really, I am awesome.

Behold, all the wonder of our newly-redecorated nearly-completed master bedroom (click for closeups)!

♫ dum da da dummmm ♫

Isn't it pretty!? OH! Wait. No, not pretty. Very Manly bedroom, right dear?
If you're curious, here's the "before".

I added a mosquito net afterwards, but I'm not sure I'm crazy about how it looks. What do you think? I'm just so sick of bug bites. As I type this I have a mosquito bite on the knuckle of my index finger and it is driving me crazy.
-er.
Crazier.






Here are some more detailed photos.

Headboard.
Side table.
(note cute bead-board detail at the back of the shelf.)
and a general view of the room.

It's only half completed though. I still need to buy that cabinet for extra storage and figure out whether I'm painting the narsty dresser that was there or trolling for a new one on Kijiji. It also needs some wall decor.

But it's a lot better than it was.




Some of the expenses:
Side tables: $26.60 ea.(made 'em)
Quilt: $24 (Quilt store in Kingston)
Appliqued Quilt:  Wedding gift from my auntie.
Headboard: $21.49 (made it)
Lamps: $10 ea. (walmart) I wish they were a little taller. The price was right. I might put something under them.
Fabric storage cubes: $7.27 ea. (walmart)
Fleurs: $4 (walmart)
Curtains: Free (shopping in my linen closet - originally made myself with lace purchased at fabricland)
Mosquito net: Free (shopping in my linen closet - originally purchased at IKEA)
Trim: $35 (Despot)
Wall paint: $45 (Benjamin Moore)
Flooring: $143.04 (Despot - I'm guessing we used 4 boxes?)

Sub Total (because I'm not done yet): $360.27

Dang. It adds up fast.

[sits a little sticker-shocked].

Factor in another $120 for the cupboard and we're talking $480.27. Right. So... I guess I'll be painting that early-ugly* dresser.



*Early Ugly, at least in my family, is a design style. Like saying "Art Deco" or "Arts and Crafts". Things that are best described as "woopsy" or "ticky tacky" often fall into this category. A subset of the Early Ugly design style is the Early Bordello style. You will not find either of these at the lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment