Saturday, June 19, 2010

One man's trash...

When we (I'm using the royal "we" here. Really it was Dad and the captain. I was just supervising.) were using sledgehammers to dismantle the cupboard in our bedroom, we discovered a bunch of fabric scraps at the very back of the top shelf.

Most of it was junk, but two pieces caught my eye: a pretty embroidered denim and a soft blue cotton. They had to come home with me.


Nice, no? There's wasn't much of it, so I decided to make two toss cushion slipcovers with the fabric on hand. One side of the cushion is the embroidered denim, while the other is the solid blue.

Because I had limited quantities of the denim, the pillow shams are only about 12.5"x12.5". My pillow forms are 14"x14", so they look a bit like a fat man in a denim shirt at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Why do I only sew pillows? They're FAST! And they're cheap. I made these two in half an hour, not counting the button, and they didn't cost me a bent dime because I had all the supplies kicking around from previous projects.

Check out the little button I added to keep the fat man in his shirt:

Is cute, no?

I don't know yet where these will live. Let me know if you have suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. How about the guest bedroom at the cottage? They would go nicely with the quilt on the bed, when the room is completed. M

    ReplyDelete