Friday, June 4, 2010

The search for a headboard



Hello lodgelings!

I still haven't picked up my rockers. I can't get in touch with the lady in south shwa to arrange a pick up time. *scowl*. To soothe my impatient and frustrated nerves, I'm trolling Kijiji again. I am this close → . ← to needing a 12-step program for Kijiji addictions. No interventions, please. I'm having too much fun!

"The Cheap in this one is strong, master."

The latest hunt: A headboard for our double bed. I'd be happier with a queen bed, but the room's too small to afford anything bigger than a double. (p.s. When did a double bed become a "full" bed? What if there's no-one in it, is it still a full bed? No!). A Queen is 6 inches wider and 4 inches longer.
I might finally get to make some sawdust for the cottage. I love the look of this headboard at Knock-Off Wood:

I'd need to do it in pickled pine, or possibly paint it white, distress it a bit and add some stain to antique it a bit....Oooo.....

Sawdust.

UPDATE:
Oh, Dear.
Kijiji, you are killing me!
I just found this bed:
Which, to anyone else would be a "Ya, so what?" bed. But....


This is my daughter's bedroom.  With her painted twin bed. A bed that used to be my bed when I was her age. Look familiar?

I think I need this kijiji bed. Even if it is a stupid size and slightly (3") narrower than an already-too-narrow double bed. EEeep.

1 comment: