Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sooooo close

We made some serious headway cleaning up the Master Bedroom last weekend.


The electrical was fixed, and we removed the Lazy Man's Drywall Seam™ and replaced it with real drywall tape and mud. Look how fast I'm sanding. My arm is a blur! (I am so awesome.)

The walls were primed.

I decided, since the existing baseboard differed on three walls out of four to splurge and buy all new trim. $34 (+tx) for 10 eight-foot lengths of 3-1/2" trim? Sold! I'm going to put it around the door frame, too.

And then we painted. Blue Bonnet is SUCH a pretty colour. You'll have to trust that this photo makes it look garish because I didn't use the flash, but it's much much softer in real life (see the photo below). I was anxious because it went on so pale that I thought the blue was going to be indiscernible. It darkened up slightly as it dried, and it is the loveliest, softest robin's egg blue. So pretty. Don't tell the Captain though. He won't want a pretty room.

We got the flooring in on Sunday but ran out of time to fully, properly install the trim. I was bummed. I had really hoped to get the trim finished and the bed back into the room. Oh well. The wall colour is more representative in this photo. You can Oooh and Ahh again about the flooring, if you like.

Next up: Trim, furniture, and decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment