Thursday, June 3, 2010

Come to me, my pretties...

Here are the rockers currently dwelling in my garage:
The one on the left is the $10 kijiji find. (bargoooooon!). The one on the right was $20 at a garage sale. It's still the prettiest. It came with a penalty gift*:
The knots will actually look cute in the kids' room, I think.

I've wangled another kijiji deal for two more chairs :
They're $40 for the pair. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend (was hoping $30 for the pair), but $20 for a rocker is not bad at all. Fortunately the "spiffy" rose carpet does not come with them.

Can someone explain to me why rockers have spray-painted gold crippity crap at the top?

Now I need to figure out what colour I'm going to paint 'em. I might have to borrow a paint sprayer for this job. Painting spindles makes me loco.



* A penalty gift is anything you're given that you don't really want: like the boxes of your own junk your mum gives you when you visit her after you've moved out.

1 comment: