Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fleurs

I've been thinking a lot lately about dividing some of my over-grown plants in the gardens at home and transporting the divided plants to the cottage.

Every weekend I'm up there, I'm surprised by the flowers I've already got in the ramshackle wild rock garden on the slope down to the water.

For instance, I have beareded irises?! I remember seeing the green blades of iris leaves last year, but for the life of me, I don't remember them flowering. They're rather pretty.

And these wild anemone's seem to flower all summer long.

Last weekend the ditch lilies were out in their glory.
So lovely.

But I had to laugh at my neighbour, Kathy's, method of watering her planters while she's away. Sees oddly fitting for a cottage, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment