Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Princess!

Today, my little princess turns 9. (She was 4 in this picture).

I remember being 9. I remember arguing with my friend, Audra, that my hair was blonde and not brown (I was in denial about the gradual colour change). I remember making papier mache easter eggs and maracas. It was a papier mache intensive year. I remember writing a book report on Picasso, learning to play the Ukelele, and my Dukes of Hazzard poster. I remember writing page after page of short stories under the back table in my classroom, and studying Mexican culture. I remember moving to our new house and hating the wall-to-wall barbie pink bedroom I had to live in.

I wonder what she'll remember about being 9.

Happy Birthday to my sweet little princess. You're growing up so fast! I love you! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment