Saturday, August 27, 2011

Penalty gifts!

The Lodge is the proud recipient of some more penalty gifts from my parents.

They brought a croquet set. This isn't just any croquet set. This is the set I used to play with at my grandparents' cottage when I was little. It's much sturdier than the junk one we bought last year, and comes with a heaping dollop of sentimental attachment.

They brought a toaster. "But you already have a toaster!" I hear you crying out. 'Tis true. We do have a 4 slice toaster, but not like this one. This one also toasts bagels, electronically raises and lowers the bread (or bagel), and goes "bing!" when your toast is ready. It's being donated because mum kept accidently bumping something against it, pushing the "start" button and toasting air.

They brought a table and 2 chairs for the deck. This is a full-circle penalty gift, because this is the old table and chairs that I had in my first apartment in university.

And lastly, they brought brown-eyed susans (and a wee bit of bleeding heart). The flowers were not happy about the warm car-ride in Dad's car, but they perked up one I got them in the ground and watered their feet.

I love how cheery they look around the bunky.

1 comment:

  1. Especially love the table & chairs.
    I'm equally afflicted. The two antique chairs I spent my childhood Saturday chores dusting are now in my living room. Hate them. xo Coley

    ReplyDelete