Friday, August 5, 2011

Mercedes

The back porch to the cottage is little more than a few boards on the soil, slanting down towards the cottage.

I've been thinking, lately, that I'd like to overhaul all of the little porches ("mercedes", according to punny Dad... get it? porch? mercedes?) around the property.

The one on Peaky,
The one on Slanty,
And the back porch.

It wouldn't take a lot of wood to do it, it would look a lot nicer, and it would also make it safer to get in an out of the buildings.

I'd like to widen them a bit so you can still stand on them as the door is swinging open (right now you get knocked off!), and may add a small railing.

For the back porch I'd like to extend it from the back door over to the right so that it connects with the porch that wraps around the front of the cottage. Not very wide, of course, as you can see there's a big oak tree in the way. I'd like to bring it up so that it's nearly level with the back door, so there isn't an awkward step up and into the cottage.

Why do I feel like I'm looking for fix-it projects now?

We still need to do something about the kitchen/living room ceiling and gut the junky bunky, Peaky. Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment